- keep your skin clean and dry: wash daily using a gentle body wash such as the sensitive shower gel "Retterspitz Sensitives Duschgel"
- let the air get to your stump as often as possible
- wear clothing that is tailored to you and a perfectly fitted prosthesis to minimise rubbing
- avoid putting pressure on or pulling the tissue
- regularly promote blood flow with contrast baths or dry brushing
Wrap treatments using the liquid for external use "Retterspitz Äußerlich" relieve pain and help reduce swelling. After completing the wrap treatment, apply the intensive moisturiser "Retterspitz Hautcreme Intensiv" into the skin. This prevents pressure sores and chafing. The cream should be applied generously to create a soft, protective layer between the prosthesis and the skin.